Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Mushin-Kai International has the authority to accept applications for Affiliation from instructors, clubs and organizations within Canada and overseas.
There are 6 countries outside Canada that have official representatives.
Shito-Ryu Karate-Do was founded by Kenwa Mabuni and is one of the four main styles of Karate in Japan.
Applications are invited from instructors and organizations to become affiliate members of Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Mushin-Kai International.
The benefits of affiliation include:
- Learn traditional Shito-Ryu Style
- Be part of a worldwide organization headed by Sensei Kam Arefi the president of M.K.I with the headquarters in Waterloo, Canada.
- Retain your own Dojo name and full control.
- Receive training in Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Mushin-Kai International in Canada from a qualified instructor and member of Technical Committee in Ontario Canada.
- Black Belt Menjo (certificate) registered and issued from Shito Ryu-Karate-Do Mushin-Kai International.
- Opportunities to train and grade in Canada.
Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Mushin-Kai International is dedicated to the promotion, preservation and teachings of Shuko-Kai Shito Ryu Karate-Do as taught by Tani Soke , student of of Kenwa Mabuni (1889-1952), the founder of Shito-Ryu.
Applicants who meet the required standards to be accepted as affiliate members must be willing to adopt and teach the original curriculum and Kata of the Shito Ryu-Karate-Do Mushin-Kai.International.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Successful applicants will be registered in Shito Ryu Karate- Do Mushin-Kai, World karate Federation, National Karate Association and Karate Ontario and dojo details will be included on the official website of Shito-Ryu Karate-Do Mushin-kai International.
If you are interested in becoming an Affiliate, the first step is to click on the link below and fill out the form.
Once your application has been received you will receive an Affiliation Information pack by email. After reviewing the information you will be able to make an informed decision as to whether you want to proceed with your application for Affiliation.